Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from "Bavarian Cooking". I haven't tried it yet. For the wine, the German Forum recommends chardonnay, followed by pinot grigio. Riesling might be too sweet.
- 6 -8 apples (uniform size)
- 4 tablespoons raisins
- 4 tablespoons rum
- 6 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup white wine (up to 1.5 cups)
- 1 ounce butter
- Wash apples. With an apple corer, carefully pierce and cut out the stem, crown and core of each apple. Do not peel the apples, and leave the bottom intact. . Place them in an ovenproof dish.
- Prep the filling: Sprinkle raisins with the rum. Add walnuts and sugar. Mix well.
- Fill the apples with the raisin mixture. Pour the wine around the apples in the dish; dot the apples with little pieces of the butter. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 420 for about 30 minutes. (Time depends on type of apple.).