Recipe by Debbie R.
This is from "Bavarian Cooking". I haven't made it yet. For the wine, the German Forum recommends chardonnay, followed by pinot grigio. Riesling might be too sweet.
- 6 -8 apples (uniform size)
- 2 ounces marzipan
- 1 ounce confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum (or Arrack)
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (sliced)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 ounce butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the apples; core with apple corer. Remove stem, crown and core, but not the bottom.
- Knead marzipan with sugar and Arrack (or rum) until it crumbles. Add the ginger. Mix.
- Fill apples with the mixture. Place in ovenproof dish. Pour wine around apples. Sprinkle apples with almond flakes and dot with little pieces of butter.
- Cover with foil. Bake at 420 for about 1/2 hour (time depends on kind of apple use).