Recipe by wealdrich
I found this recipe in a magazine (not sure which one) about 20 years ago. It is easy to make and doesn't last long in our home. I use sugar-free instant pudding, rice milk, and Tofutti sour cream (lactose free) but this is the original recipe.
Top Review by ljbird
This is incredible! I made it with sugar-free vanilla pudding, skim milk, light sour cream and fat-free vanilla yogurt, so the calories are about half of what is listed here. It tastes so rich and decadent! This is a wonderful find!
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (or use sugar-free size)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat vanilla yogurt
- fresh strawberries (to garnish) or fresh raspberries (to garnish) or fresh blueberries (to garnish) or fresh blackberries (to garnish) or of fresh mint (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl place instant pudding. With wire whisk, stir in milk until mixture is smooth and slightly thickened.
- Add sour cream and yogurt; whisk until smooth.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Spoon custard into 6 individual dessert dishes and top with assorted berries.