This is another recipe I found on another website, modified it so it would be sweeter and have more taste, and now I'm re posting it here. The closest I've been able to come to so far to bavarian cream, can't find an actual recipe for it, If someone has an original family recipe I would love to get it. I always make this for my kids birthdays and put it in the middle of their cake, everyone loves it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk the sugar, flour, and egg yolks together in a bowl.
- 2in a medium saucepan bring the milk to a boil.
- 3slowly stir 1/4 cup of the hot milk into the eggyolk mixture to temper the yolks and prevent curdling.
- 4stir the egg mixture into the milk and stir constantly until thickened and beginning to boil gently.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6stir in the butter and vanilla and let cool.
- 7place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap to help prevent a skin from forming.
- 8put in the fridge until needed.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bavarian Cream
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.1
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 188.9 mg
- Sodium 53.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 6.2 g