Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another recipe I found on another website, modified it so it would be sweeter and have more taste, and now I'm re posting it here. The closest I've been able to come to so far to bavarian cream, can't find an actual recipe for it, If someone has an original family recipe I would love to get it. I always make this for my kids birthdays and put it in the middle of their cake, everyone loves it
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk, plus
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Whisk the sugar, flour, and egg yolks together in a bowl.
- in a medium saucepan bring the milk to a boil.
- slowly stir 1/4 cup of the hot milk into the eggyolk mixture to temper the yolks and prevent curdling.
- stir the egg mixture into the milk and stir constantly until thickened and beginning to boil gently.
- Remove from heat.
- stir in the butter and vanilla and let cool.
- place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap to help prevent a skin from forming.
- put in the fridge until needed.