Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
There is a bit of Germany in these meatballs. The onions, sugar, and beer lend their distinctive flavors.
- 1 (6 -8 ounce) bagfrozen precooked meatballs, thawed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons beef and onion soup mix
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer or 1 (12 ounce) bottle beef broth
- Combine all ingredients in a 4-quart crockpot. Stir gently to coat the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on LO heat for 5-6 hours.
- Serve from the crockpot with toothpicks. You could also make a meal of these meatballs but serving them over noodles or Spatzel.