Bavarian Christmas Ham in the Fireplace
- Topping: combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Cut all excess fat off. Place on double foil. Brush all sides with honey, Cointreau, seasonings and orange rind. Seal foil, place on an inverted cake pan inside a dutch oven. Cover and bake in a hot fire for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Open foil and base ham with accumulated juices. Bake for another 10 minutes and baste about 4 times.
- Pack topping on top of ham. Return to dutch oven. Cover and put hot coals over oven lid and cook until brown and bubbly on top [about 15 mins].
- Baste topping with pan juices.
- Cool completely before serving.