Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick (4 chops)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 8 ounces beer, room temperature
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb buttered noodles, cooked (optional)
- fresh parsley, minced (optional)
- Lightly flour chops.
- Melt butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until foaming.
- Brown chops quickly on both sides.
- Remove, reserve.
- Add green onion, garlic, mushrooms and thyme; saute for 2-3 minutes, until onion is soft.
- Return chops to skillet, add beer; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 7-8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with buttered noodles, garnished with parsley, if desired.
These were very good chops! I followed the recipe as directed. The flavors of this simple to make meal were delicious. We really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting a nice keeper!
This is one of those week meals that when you do not have enough time you can make an easy meal that come out excellant.
This recipe tasted so good! I didn't have any beer so I used hard apple cider, but this is a new favorite. I am going to make it all the time.