Recipe by dsptchr_911
This is a great recipe that is super easy but takes a long time in the oven. It is great re-heated as well and is really easy to double if you are feeding a large group. I love my boyfriends' mother for this one!
Top Review by Cookin'withGas
I must confess that I had no cream of celery soup, so I subbed in cream of chicken soup...otherwise I used everything the recipe called for...The chicken was nice, but the rice was slightly soupy and greasy and did not improve upon the re-heat...I used chicken drumsticks in this recipe and it's possible that the fat on/in the chicken was too much for the rice mixture to handle, hence the greasy and soupy result...perhaps with boneless, skinless chicken parts, trimmed of all fat, the result would be better...
- 5 chicken pieces (I use legs and thighs)
- 1 cup brown rice (not minute rice)
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 1 (2 ounce) packet onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9X13 baking dish (I have found glass to work the best).
- Mix all ingredients except the onion soup mix and and chicken. Pour mixture on bottom of buttered pan, place chicken pieces over the mixture and sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 2 hours. DO NOT lift the foil until the timer goes off. Enjoy!