Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These brownies are so easy because they are start with a cake mix! I've tried making brownies before with a cake mix, but I've never had much luck until finding this recipe.
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13X9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, milk, butter, and eggs with an electric mixer.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts (batter will be VERY thick).
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until brownies are done.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
I have been making these for years. I love them. Quick, easy and delicious!! Thanks for posting recipe!
I don't have a lot of experience making brownies from a cake mix but this is delicious. I think I'll use a bigger pan next time (little thick for personal preference) and I also had to add a splash more milk to get it to do anything...but it was really good and when I don't have 3 eggs, I'll gladly use this recipe instead!
These were great considering they were thrown together so quickly! As another reviewer stated, I too needed more milk to incorporate all of the dry ingredients. I would say I added 2-3 more tablespoons of milk. All in all, this is a good, quick recipe for dessert in a pinch and I am sure I will make it again! Thx for posting Kim!