Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is from a recent Pillsbury cookbook. I used the beer instead of the apple juice and strained the mustard seeds from the gravy before serving. Great dinner!
- 1 boneless beef rump (3 lb) or 1 tip roast trimmed fat (3 lb)
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon creamy horseradish sauce
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1⁄2 cup beer or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Spray a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.Place beef roast in slow cooker.
- In small bowl, mix mustard, horseradish sauce and gravy mix. Spread mixture over roast. Pour beer around roast.
- Cover. Cook on low heat setting 9 to 10 hours.
- Remove roast to serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- In 2 quart sauce pan mix water and flour until smooth. Pour cooking juices from slowcooker into sauce pan. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chives.
- Slice beef; serve with gravy.