Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is posted for ZWT II. From a cookbook called Specialties of the House.
Make and share this Bavarian Baked Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- Saute pork chops in the fat until lightly browned on both sides.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, then remove from skillet.
- Add onions to the skillet and saute for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the sauerkraut under cold water; drain well.
- Combine the sauerkraut with the apricots, caraway seeds and sauteed onions.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place 3/4 of the sauerkraut mixture in a greased 2-quart baking dish, arrange pork over it, then cover with the remaining sauerkraut.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, removing cover during last 15 minutes of cooking.