This dessert looks great and tastes even better! I found the recipe in a cookbook called "Fare for Friends". It's easy to make and looks impressive.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Blend in flour.
- Press into 9" springform pan and spread with jam.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Pour over jam.
- Topping: Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon and spoon over cheese.
- Sprinkle almonds on top.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes; then 400 for 25 minutes.