Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was one of the first I received in response to my requests! It came from a wonderful friend, Alicia Childs. I really appreciated her enthusiasm in helping me with this project!!! She noted "This recipe is so special to me. It is from my Mother's mom Friedl Mayr."
- Add all dry ingredients together mix with hands.
- Cut in butter.Try not to over mix but mix well.
- Beat eggs combined with cold water into dry ingredients.
- Kneed until it forms a roll (not too long).
- Divide dough in half (1 top & 1 bottom. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
- Roll out both crusts place in greased baking dish.
- Peel and slice about 9 apples.
- Put apples on bottom crust.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs,saved sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll top dough out and place on top.
- Punch holes with fork.
- Bake 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden.
- 1/2 cups powder sugar and add Hot water until it is a thick consistency. Pour on top and let cool.