Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Such a beautiful tart - just like from a European bakery, and delicious to boot! from worldwiderecipes I believe.
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 158.51 ml sugar, plus
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 8.62 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml flour
- 226.79 g cream cheese (can use reduced-fat)
- 2 eggs (or egg-substitute)
- 946.36 ml apples, peeled,and sliced fairly thin
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds
- Mix butter, flour, 1/3 c.
- sugar and 1-1/4 t.
- Press into greased 9" springform pan.
- Mix cream cheese, 1/4 c.
- sugar, eggs and 1/2 t.
- vanilla beating until fluffy.
- Pour over dough.
- Combine apples, 1/3 c.
- sugar and cinnamon.
- Arrange on top of cream cheese mixture and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
This was a huge hit with DH & DS. The morning after, I found one slim wedge left in the kitchen. The low-fat cream cheese works just fine, as did using a 10" springform pan & 3 large cooking apples. Thanks LorenLou for a "tart with a twist".
This tart is fantastic. I made it in my food processor which shortened prep time. I'll be serving it at my next dinner party. No whipped cream needed! Thank you for the recipe.
This was a really simple, and quick to assemble recipe. I think I might have liked to have par-baked the crust, my crust became a little soggy. Loved that this tart wasn't overly sweet. Thanks for sharing the recipe.