Recipe by LorenLou
Such a beautiful tart - just like from a European bakery, and delicious to boot! from worldwiderecipes I believe.
Top Review by Elisabetta47
This was a huge hit with DH & DS. The morning after, I found one slim wedge left in the kitchen. The low-fat cream cheese works just fine, as did using a 10" springform pan & 3 large cooking apples. Thanks LorenLou for a "tart with a twist".
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese (can use reduced-fat)
- 2 eggs (or egg-substitute)
- 4 cups apples, peeled,and sliced fairly thin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter, flour, 1/3 c.
- sugar and 1-1/4 t.
- Press into greased 9" springform pan.
- Mix cream cheese, 1/4 c.
- sugar, eggs and 1/2 t.
- vanilla beating until fluffy.
- Pour over dough.
- Combine apples, 1/3 c.
- sugar and cinnamon.
- Arrange on top of cream cheese mixture and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.