1/1 Photo of Baursaki (Kazakhstan Fried Bread)
1 hr 15 mins
This bread is traditionally strewn over the table. From the Junior Worldmark Encyclopedia of Foods and Recipes of the World. Times and servings are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients (except oil) in a large mixing bowl , mixing to form a dough.
- 2Knead the dough on a floured surface, then return to mixing bowl. Cover with a towel and let sit for 30 minutes.
- 3Heat oil in deep skillet over high heat.
- 4Pull off tablespoon-size pieces of the dough and roll into a ball. Press down slightly, then drop carefully into oil and fry until golden brown.
- 5Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baursaki (Kazakhstan Fried Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 132.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.5 g