Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A German "Farmer's Breakfast" that I found on the web in my search for ZWT recipes.
Make and share this Bauernfruhstuck recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slice bacon
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 potatoes, cooked and finely diced
- 6 eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- black pepper
- 59.14 ml milk
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel. Remove bacon fat from pan, add the butter and saute the chopped onion until soft.
- Add the potatoes and brown lightly.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add the salt, pepper, milk and finally the bacon (chopped).
- Pour the egg mixture over the onions and potatoes and stir occasionally until cooked.
Oh, this is right on, especially for a farmer! I halved this, and used baby red potatoes sliced in half (just picked from the garden!) and this was heaven on a plate! Made for ZWT 6 2010
Mmm, comfort food after a long drive home. Oops, breakfast is somtimes great for dinner too! Lovely simple flavours, which are often the best. Added a little Tabasco sauce when eating, just for a little zing! Made for PAC 2011.
This is really good. I did as another reviewer suggested and used less potatoes (two). My son felt that he still couldn't taste the eggs. I was happy though.