Recipe by DeeVaFoodie
A German "Farmer's Breakfast" that I found on the web in my search for ZWT recipes.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Oh, this is right on, especially for a farmer! I halved this, and used baby red potatoes sliced in half (just picked from the garden!) and this was heaven on a plate! Made for ZWT 6 2010
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 potatoes, cooked and finely diced
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel. Remove bacon fat from pan, add the butter and saute the chopped onion until soft.
- Add the potatoes and brown lightly.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add the salt, pepper, milk and finally the bacon (chopped).
- Pour the egg mixture over the onions and potatoes and stir occasionally until cooked.