Recipe by Chocolatl
Queenies are very small scallops, 40-80 to the pound. From iofm.net. Posted for ZWT6.
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
I'm not a fan of breaded scallops so I dusted them with cornstarch seasoned with some salt and pepper. They came out GREAT. The sauce is also WONDERFUL and easy to put together. Thanks! *Made for Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens ZWT 6*
- 1⁄2 lb small scallop (queenies)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white breadcrumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- oil (for frying)
- 4 green onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced capers (or Gherkins)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Poach the queenies in water until tender. Drain.
- Season 1/4 cup flour with salt and pepper.
- Combine remaining flour with breadcrumbs and egg.
- Gradually stir in oil and milk.
- Coat queenies in seasoned flour.
- Dip the queenies into the batter using a long skewer.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375°F.
- Fry queenies in batches for about three minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Combine onions, parsley, and capers.
- Add mayonnaise and mix until creamy.
- Stir in lemon juice.