1/3 Photos of Battered Grouper Bites With Jalapeno Tartar Sauce
This is kind of like a hush puppy with the fish inside of it!I got this from a Walmart card! The recipe calls for hushpuppy mix, but the computer won't let me say it, so I have put biscuit mix. Mexico, Spain, the South, all use these ingredients!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package biscuit mix (hushpuppy mix)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 lbs grouper fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1Stir together the mayonnaise, green onions, jalapenos, hot sauce, lemon juice, salt and red pepper in a medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 2Stir together hushpuppy mix and milk in a medium bowl.
- 3Pour oil into a large deep skillet to a depth of 1/2". Heat oil to 350*F. Dredge fish in flour then in hushpuppy mix.
- 4Place fish in oil and fry in batches 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve with sauce. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Southwestern U.S. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Battered Grouper Bites With Jalapeno Tartar Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1696 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.6
- Calories from Fat 616
- Total Fat 68.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.6 mg
- Sodium 531.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 18.8 g