Chef mariajane's Note:
I got this recipe from a close friend of mine, Wendy, and it is THE best fried chicken recipe ever!! I love itI hope you enjoy it -
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 chicken, cut into serving pieces
- salad oil or shortening
- 1In large skillet, combine celery, onion, bay leaf, salt and 1 cup water. Add chicken pieces. Bring to a boil; cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. Drain chicken pieces. Pat dry with paper towels and let cool.
- 2In deep fryer or skillet, at least 2-inches deep, slowly heat oil to 375F on deep fry thermometer. Also preheat oven to 300°F.
- 3Meanwhile, make batter. Sift flour with baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 4In medium bowl, with rotary beaters, beat eggs, milk and oil until combined. Add flour mixture gradually, beating until smooth.
- 5Dip chicken pieces in batter coating evenly. Deep fry a few pieces at a time, turning occasionally, 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Drain well on paper towels.
- 6Keep browned chicken in oven while rest of chicken cooks.
- 7SOOOOO GOOOOD!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Battered Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.7
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 186.5 mg
- Sodium 1495.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 31.3 g