Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in a magazine.
Make and share this Battered Cod With Marie Rose Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, whisk mayonnaise with ketchup, lemon juice, and Tabasco. Set aside.
- Pour water into large bowl. With mixer at low speed, beat in 2 cups fliour, 1/2 tsp salt, and baking soda.
- In large saucepan, heat oil to 360 degrees. Dust 5 pieces of cod with flour, tapping off excess. Dig cod in batter; add to hot oil.
- Fry to golden brown and crisp, about 7 minutes. Using slotted spoon, remove from oil and transfer to a rack lined with paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining fish and batter.
- Sprinkle with salt, if desired, and serve with sauce.