Chris Reynolds's Note:
I found this in a magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2In a bowl, whisk mayonnaise with ketchup, lemon juice, and Tabasco. Set aside.
- 4Pour water into large bowl. With mixer at low speed, beat in 2 cups fliour, 1/2 tsp salt, and baking soda.
- 5In large saucepan, heat oil to 360 degrees. Dust 5 pieces of cod with flour, tapping off excess. Dig cod in batter; add to hot oil.
- 6Fry to golden brown and crisp, about 7 minutes. Using slotted spoon, remove from oil and transfer to a rack lined with paper towels.
- 7Repeat with remaining fish and batter.
- 8Sprinkle with salt, if desired, and serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Battered Cod With Marie Rose Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.7
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 525.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: