1/2 Photos of Battered Chicken Tapas With Honey and Mustard ( Pollo Rebozado)
An American in Spain's Note:
A real favorite here in Spain. Looks great, smells great and most of all tastes great! The chicken can be prepared ahead of time and then crisped up in the oven before adding the sauce. The honey mustard sauce should be made an hour or so in advance to blend flavors. This recipe was adapted from "the tapas cookbook".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in to bite sized pieces
- 3 eggs
- flour, sufficient to coat the chicken pieces
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1Place chicken pieces in a bowl.
- 2Crack the eggs over the chicken and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- 3Add flour to the chicken mixture to thoroughly coat the chicken.
- 4The final consistency should be very wet, but not dripping.
- 5Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken and fry the chicken until golden on all sides.
- 6Remove from heat and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Mix the honey, mustard and soy sauce in a small bowl about an hour ahead to blend flavors.
- 8Drizzle the honey mixture over the chicken right before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Battered Chicken Tapas With Honey and Mustard ( Pollo Rebozado)
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.0
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.5 mg
- Sodium 125.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 13.9 g