Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got a ton of sage in your garden? Here's the perfect treat to use it up. These leaves are crunchy and very tasty, especially when dipped in a mayonnaise-mustard mixture (I like three parts mayo to one part mustard).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and lightly oil with olive oil.
- Beat the egg and egg whites or the egg subsitute with a fork and set to one side.
- Put the flour or bread crumbs in a bowl and add some salt and a generous grinding of black pepper.
- Now, dip the sage leaves one by one in the egg mixture, coat with the flour or bread crumbs and shake off any excess.
- Lay on the baking sheet and finish the rest of the leaves.
- Sprinkle a bit more salt and pepper on top of the leaves and then bake for 10-12 minutes, until nicely crisp and browned.
- Serve immediately with your choice of dip or as a garnish.
They didn't look so pretty as the pic my first time around, but they were delicious! can't wait to make em again!