1 hr 15 mins
I got this out of a recipe book that came with some cookware I bought at a state fair when I was 18! If these rolls don't knock the socks off your guests there is something seriously wrong! Easy to make, incredible to eat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place milk in 2 cup measuring cup and microwave up to 3 minutes until scalded.
- 2Stir in sugar, salt and butter.
- 3Measure warm water in 2 quart bowl and sprinkle in yeast.
- 5Add lukewarm milk mixture, egg and 2 cups flour.
- 6Beat until smooth.
- 7Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 8Cover bowl and let stand in warm place, free from draft until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
- 9Punch down.
- 10Shape into 24 rolls.
- 11Place in 9x13 pan or jelly roll pan Cover and let rise about 30 minutes (as above) Heat oven to 400* Bake rolls 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Batter Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.0
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 117.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g