Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This versatile and easy pan bread (especially when you have the biscuit mix already made up!) is delicious with soups and stews. Sprinkle with different spices or herbs and customize it for your meal! Add frozen corn and sprinkle with cumin for chilis. For a focaccia flavour, omit the poppyseeds and sprinkle with a good pinch of Italian mixed herbs.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup biscuit mix (Biscuit Mix)
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated combined with
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (can use swiss or mozarella)
- 1 egg, beaten
- poppy seed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Saute onion in olive oil until soft, not brown, set aside.
- In the meantime, combine biscuit mix, first 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and buttermilk until smooth (will be sticky).
- Spread into a sprayed 8" or 9" round baking pan or pie dish.
- Mix together the cheddar and parmesan cheese combination and the egg.
- Spread over the batter.
- Sprinkle with the sauted onion and poppyseeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.