Recipe by Barb G.
These squash blossoms are so good and easy to make.
Top Review by yedenmatka
We had a ton of male blossoms and I've been wanting to try fried squash blossoms forever so I plucked a bunch and found this recipe. WOW.....They are sooooooo delicious. My hubby didn't think he would like these but he loved them, too. This is definitely going to be one of our go to recipes when we have bunches of male blossoms. Thanks for sharing!!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 dozen male squash blossoms
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- mint leaves (to garnish) or dill weed (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend milk, egg, flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper with a fork; beat the batter until smooth.
- Place flattened squash blossoms in batter, stir gently; allow 10 minute soaking time.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet until hot; fry batter coated blossoms until golden; turn once, drain on paper towels, place on plate and garnish.