Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These squash blossoms are so good and easy to make.
Make and share this Batter Fried Squash Blossoms recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 dozen male squash blossoms
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- mint leaves (to garnish) or dill weed (to garnish)
- Blend milk, egg, flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper with a fork; beat the batter until smooth.
- Place flattened squash blossoms in batter, stir gently; allow 10 minute soaking time.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet until hot; fry batter coated blossoms until golden; turn once, drain on paper towels, place on plate and garnish.
We had a ton of male blossoms and I've been wanting to try fried squash blossoms forever so I plucked a bunch and found this recipe. WOW.....They are sooooooo delicious. My hubby didn't think he would like these but he loved them, too. This is definitely going to be one of our go to recipes when we have bunches of male blossoms. Thanks for sharing!!
This was great! I had never cooked (or eaten that I know of) squash blossoms. I put little pieces of cheese inside (Cougar Gold that I had on hand...from Washington State). Me and the hubby loved them. Cooking again tonight with some cheese a friend brought by.
Thanks Barb I have always wanted to try the fried squash blossoms but this is the first year I have had the plants. I really wasn't sure what to expect but they were great. I think I would make the batter a little thicker next time but the flavor deserves 5 stars. Bonnie