1/1 Photo of Batter Fried Snails
This makes a nice appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg & water in a mixing bowl. Add flour & beat until smooth. Cover & set aside for 1 hour.
- 2Add olive oil, marinara sauce & snails to a heated saute pan.
- 3Simmer on low heat until mix thickens, approximately 10 minutes.
- 4Heat oil to 375.
- 5Divide batter mix into two bowls.
- 6Taking 1 snail at a time, and allowing some sauce to cling, dip into the first bowl of batter to coat. Deep fry until golden brown.
- 7Remove dry on paper towel.
- 8Once dried, dip into the second bowl of batter and fry a second time.
- 9Drain on paper towels and serve.
Browse Our Top Wild Game Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Wild Game Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Batter Fried Snails
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 470.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: