- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 24 snails
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg & water in a mixing bowl. Add flour & beat until smooth. Cover & set aside for 1 hour.
- Add olive oil, marinara sauce & snails to a heated saute pan.
- Simmer on low heat until mix thickens, approximately 10 minutes.
- Heat oil to 375.
- Divide batter mix into two bowls.
- Taking 1 snail at a time, and allowing some sauce to cling, dip into the first bowl of batter to coat. Deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove dry on paper towel.
- Once dried, dip into the second bowl of batter and fry a second time.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.