1/2 Photos of Batter Fried Onion Rings
These are great homemade onion rings that are batter fried rather than having a bread crumb coating. They are addictive...be careful :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover onion slices with cold water and let stand 30 minutes.
- 2Remove to paper towels and press to dry.
- 3Separate into rings.
- 4Combine flour, sugar and salt.
- 5Combine milk and egg in a medium bowl and add dry ingredients and melted shortening; mix thoroughly.
- 6Dip onion rings in batter and fry in deep fryer or skillet filled with a couple of inches of oil until golden brown on both sides.
- 7Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Batter Fried Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.8
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 110.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g