1 hr 4 mins
Yes, this recipe does serve four, because frog legs are really rich. Better than chicken!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water and allow to stand for 3 or 4 minutes.
- 2Add the flour, salt and pepper and beat until thoroughly blended.
- 3Let the batter stand at room temperature for about 1 1/2 hours.
- 4Wash the frog legs well in cold water, then use a sharp knife to peel the skin from the legs (it should strip off easily, like a glove).
- 5Place the skinned legs in a medium saucepan, pour enough boiling water into the pan to cover the legs, then drain at once and pat dry with paper towels.
- 6In a large, heavy skillet, heat the shortening or oil over medium high heat until hot but not smoking.
- 7Dip the frog legs in the batter, turning to coat well, and fry until golden bown and cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- 8Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Wild Game Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Batter Fried Frog's Legs
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.4
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: