Recipe by Marie
A little different - chicken wings are dipped in a batter and deep fried until crispy and golden brown. Cooking time is per batch.
Top Review by Biffy 62
Excellent recipe. It's a keeper in my families favorites. My husband and son don't like things too spicy so I substitute water for the hot sauce; it works great.
Then I just pass the Louisiana hot sauce around the table for the rest of us. Thank you for sharing Marie.
- 20 chicken wings
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut wings at first joint and discard the tips.
- Cut remaining wings in half.
- Wash and dry on paper towels and sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.
- Mix cornstarch, eggs, hot sauce and water, stirring to form a smooth batter.
- Dip wings in batter and deep fry in 1 1/2" of oil heated to 350° for about 15 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Serve with small bowl of mild, medium or hot wing sauce for dipping.