Recipe by Nana Lee
I've been looking for a good Chicken Fingers batter and found this on: http://www.recipes-4u.co.uk/asian/Batter-For-Frying---Oriental.html. Cook time is NOT passive so I didn't enter any specific time.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, put thru garlic press
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, salt, garlic, flour, cornstarch, and milk to make a smooth batter.
- Mix honey, lemon juice, sherry and ginger together and marinate shrimp (split in back), lobster (cut in cubes), chicken (cut in pieces 1" x 2"), or thin-sliced pork for at least 15 minutes.
- Fry dipped pieces in peanut oil until light brown.
- Cool fried pieces after frying, then refrigerate, if desired, and later redip in batter, refry until golden brown. Even crunchier, and great as appetizers for a party that you can prepare ahead and still serve HOT at the last minute! It makes enough batter for 1 lb. of Shrimp, Lobster Meat, Chicken or Pork.