Prep 3 mins
Cook 6 mins
I found this recipe in an old church cook book. We add Mrs. Dash or other seasonings for more flavor. Perfect for thinly sliced squash fresh from the garden! When prepared correctly, the batter will be 'puff' up around the vegetables. A favorite at our house all summer long.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg white, beaten stiff
- Sift dry ingredients, add water and oil, beat until smooth.
- Fold in egg white just before frying.
- Coat vegetables and fry in deep fat until brown.