Yummy onion rings to go with grilled steak or burgers. Prep time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine onion rings, buttermilk and 1 teaspoon ground cumin in large bowl.
- 2Let soak at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 3pour oil into large deep skillet to depth of 1 1/2" and heat to 375 degrees F.
- 4Mix flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp cumin in shallow dish.
- 5Drain onion rings.
- 6Add a few onion rings to flour mixture and turn to coat.
- 7Add to oil and fry until golden brown, about 1/2 min.
- 8Repeat until all onions are cooked.
- 9Drain on paper towels after each batch is cooked.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Batter Dipped Red Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.7
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.9 mg
- Sodium 719.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g