Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy onion rings to go with grilled steak or burgers. Prep time does not include marinating time.
Make and share this Batter Dipped Red Onion Rings recipe from Food.com.
- Combine onion rings, buttermilk and 1 teaspoon ground cumin in large bowl.
- Let soak at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- pour oil into large deep skillet to depth of 1 1/2" and heat to 375 degrees F.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp cumin in shallow dish.
- Drain onion rings.
- Add a few onion rings to flour mixture and turn to coat.
- Add to oil and fry until golden brown, about 1/2 min.
- Repeat until all onions are cooked.
- Drain on paper towels after each batch is cooked.