Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Got this recipe from foodnetwork.com It was featured in Paula's Party. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- peanut oil, for frying
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces evaporated milk
- Heat a deep-fryer or a deep pot no more than half filled with oil to 325 degrees F.
- Peel and slice potatoes to size of your desire and fry them for 2 minutes - this isn't to make them crispy, it is just to blanch them. Drain and cool fries.
- Raise temperature of fryer or oil to 360 degrees F.
- Add salt and pepper to the flour and combine. Take fries and dip first into the evaporated milk, shaking off excess, and then into the flour mixture, shaking off excess. Fry for about 5 minutes, until browned.
these were so good, i never had or even heard of battered fries. the only thing i would change though is the seasoning, it didnt have any, but they were still so good. thanks for sharing a very easy recipie.