Our son and his fiance enjoy making fondue for little get-togethers. This is one tasty recipe that's a little different from the traditional fondued meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons beer (or apple juice)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups salad oil
- 1/2 cup butter (DO NOT use margarine)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1Prepare the mustard sauce and horseradish sauce in separate bowls; set aside (or prepare ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to serve).
- 2Make meatballs by mixing the meat, beaten egg, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons beer and garlic salt, combining well.
- 3Shape into 3/4 inch balls.
- 4Place on a serving plate.
- 5In a bowl, make frothy batter by combining beaten egg, biscuit mix and beer, mixing very well.
- 6Heat the oil and butter in a metal fondue pot to 375 degrees.
- 7Spear a meatball with a fondue fork.
- 8Dip into the batter and cook in hot oil to the desired doneness, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- 9Serve with both sauces.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Batter-Dipped Fondue Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1820.7
- Calories from Fat 1521
- Total Fat 169.0 g
- Saturated Fat 42.1 g
- Cholesterol 298.2 mg
- Sodium 1092.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 41.1 g