Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We make this for Halloween every year at my son's request! It's like spaghetti using bow-tie pasta! It is mixed together with mozzarella cheese cubes and baked in the oven. The bow-tie past is the bats and stringy, gooey mozzarella cheese is the cobwebs!
- 1 (8 ounce) package farfalle pasta (bow tie)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water, bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the bow tie pasta and return to a boil. Boil pasta, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well.
- Cook and stir ground beef and onion in a large skillet until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain fat. Stir in pasta sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir cooked pasta and half of the mozzarella cheese into the sauce; toss to combine. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.