Recipe by Sam #3
Taken from a Healthy Meals in Minutes card. VERY HOT!
Top Review by Debbb
This is really good just WAY too hot! We, especially my hubby, enjoy spicy food but this was too much. I did cut the cayenne in half based on the other reviews but it was still too hot. I will make it again & cut the cayenne down even more because there really is a lot of flavour & the chicken cooks perfectly with this method.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
For Spice Mix
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare spice mix, on a sheet of waxed paper, combine all spices; mix well.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or other heavy skillet over med-high heat until very hot, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush chicken with margarine.
- Dredge chicken in spice mix, patting firmly to adhere.
- Place chicken in prepared skillet and cook, turning once until coating is blackened and chicken is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.