Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so relaxing and wonderful.
Make and share this Bath Melts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups melted cocoa butter
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- food coloring (optional)
- essential oils or fragrance oil (skin-safe)
- Steps: Melt the cocoa butter, add colorant and fragrance, mix.
- Then add powdered ingredients, stir well and pour into small molds, such as a fancy ice cube tray.
- Let sit in fridge or freezer until set then pop them out of the molds onto waxed paper or parchment paper and let sit for a short while.
- Store in baggies or airtight container.
- Use one or two per bath, and be sure you have a non-slip mat in place, as the oils may make for a slick surface in your tub.
- Note: Be sure that your"parts" are based upon weight, that the cocoa butter is melted when you weigh it, and that your"parts" are small amounts, such as a tablespoon or two.
- You can also substitute the citric acid with more baking soda and/or sea salt to make non-fizzing melts, however the fizziness helps to slowly disperse your oils through your bath.
The name alone does not do wonders for these little goodies. They soften and sooth dry skin. Made even better if you can find a nice fragrance or essential oil blend. To die for