This is so relaxing and wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups melted cocoa butter
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- food coloring (optional)
- essential oils or fragrance oil (skin-safe)
- 1Steps: Melt the cocoa butter, add colorant and fragrance, mix.
- 2Then add powdered ingredients, stir well and pour into small molds, such as a fancy ice cube tray.
- 3Let sit in fridge or freezer until set then pop them out of the molds onto waxed paper or parchment paper and let sit for a short while.
- 4Store in baggies or airtight container.
- 5Use one or two per bath, and be sure you have a non-slip mat in place, as the oils may make for a slick surface in your tub.
- 6Note: Be sure that your"parts" are based upon weight, that the cocoa butter is melted when you weigh it, and that your"parts" are small amounts, such as a tablespoon or two.
- 7You can also substitute the citric acid with more baking soda and/or sea salt to make non-fizzing melts, however the fizziness helps to slowly disperse your oils through your bath.
Browse Our Top Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bath Melts
Serving Size: 1 (885 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 770.8
- Calories from Fat 784
- Total Fat 87.2 g
- Saturated Fat 52.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24526.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: