Recipe by Kat
Bath bombs are (non-edible!) chunks of ... stuff that you throw in your bathwater. They soften the skin and smell great.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup citric acid
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 -2 drop food coloring (optional)
- fragranced body oil (essential oils)
- dried flower petals (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together well a small amount of baking soda, food coloring and 10-20 drops of fragrance oil in a bowl.
- Add this mixture to the remaining baking soda, citric acid, and corn starch (and flower petals, if using).
- Mix well.
- Spritz the mixture with water while mixing with your hands.
- Keep spritzing and mixing until a handful, when squeezed, keeps its shape.
- DO NOT ADD TOO MUCH WATER.
- Press the mixture firmly into your mold (try plain 2" round chocolate molds).
- Do not use molds that are large, nor those that have intricate detail- they will break.
- Pop out of mold immediately (be careful not to break it.) Let it dry overnight.
- The bath bomb will grow slightly when drying.
- Store by wrapping individually, or store in a jar with a tight lid.