Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are kind of like baked hot wings. I love to make the sauce, although, sometimes I get really lazy and use Buffalo Wild Wings sauces :shock: Also, for the hot sauce, I use tabasco or Frank's Hot Wing Sauce. Sometimes, depending on how much I want my mouth on fire, I add 1/8 -1/4 teaspoon of cayenne! Serving size depends on if this is for an appetizer or a main meal. Prep time does not include marinade time (I make in the morning let it marinate all day and then cook at night)
- 2 lbs chicken drummettes (24)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing or 1⁄2 cup blue cheese dressing
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Line jelly roll pan, 15 1/2x10 1/2x1 inch, with aluminum foil.
- Remove skin from chicken.
- Mix honey, ketchup, pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce in resealable plastic bag. Add chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate, turning occasionally, at least 15 minutes but no longer than 24 hours.
- Place chicken in pan; sprinkle with paprika. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until crisp and juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Serve with dressing.
Very tasty! I didn't know what pepper sauce was either so I added hot sauce. Next time I'll add more hot sauce since we like it rather spicy. Delicious!
Sweet and tangy. I used chicken wings (1.5K - 12 wings) and doubled the sauce ingredients except the honey (for dietary reasons I left that as is) and didn't have the foggiest what red pepper sauce was so used a good splash of tabasco and baked for an hour at 175C fan forced. It wasn't until we finished that I realized I forgot to put out the ranch dressing but they were excellent without it. Thank you SarahBeth, made for Every Day A Holiday.