Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great halloween soup
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 6 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- In a saucepan, sauté garlic in oil until tender.
- In a blender or food processor, process garlic and tomatoes in batches until smooth.
- Return all to the pan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cream and heat through.
- To make bat wings, remove crusts from bread. Flatten with a rolling pin. Using a kitchen shears, cut each slice in half diagonally, cutting wavy lines to resemble bat wings. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with butter; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Add two wings to each bowl of soup.
- Serve immediately.