Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
cute little fries for halloween. Kids will love these
- Heat the oil to 325 degrees in a deep fryer or large heavy, deep skillet. Peel the potatoes and slice lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Cut the potato slices into bat shapes with a cookie cutter. Pat the slices dry with a paper towel.
- Fry the slices in small batches until cooked through but not brown. Remove from the fat and let drain on the paper towels.
- Increase the temperature of the oil to 375 degrees and refry the potatoes in small batches until brown and crispy.
- Drain again on paper towels, salt, and serve hot.