Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
In the mood for a nutty desser? Try this wonderful Indian treat and delight your family.
- 4 liters fresh whole milk
- 200 g sugar
- 200 g Nestle sweetened condensed milk
- 8 -10 pieces of finely chopped almonds or 8 -10 pieces pistachios or 8 -10 pieces cashews or 8 -10 pieces raisins
- 2 teaspoons cardamom powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron, soaked in
- 2 tablespoons warm milk
- On low flame, heat the milk in a thick bottomed deep pot.
- Heat till a thin film of 'malai' appears on the milk.
- Roll the malai with a spoon.
- Place it on the inner edge of the pot.
- Repeat this until the milk reduces to a quarter of its original volume.
- Fold in sugar and condensed milk.
- Now, use a knife or a sharp spoon and scrub the malai which was stuck to the edge of the pot.
- Mix well.
- Fold in dry fruits of your choice, cardamom powder and the saffron-milk mixture.
- Garnish with a few strands of saffron.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled if you like or serve hot. The choice is yours!