Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adopted! GREAT GRILLED LAMB
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs lamb shoulder
- 1 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 10 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- lots cracked black pepper
- wooden skewer
- Trim excess fat from lamb and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl combine molasses, juice, olive oil, basil, dill, green onions, garlic and pepper.
- Add the lamb, cover and marinate at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight, in refrigerator.
- Soak the skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
- Push meat onto skewers.
- Season with salt and cracked pepper.
- Grill over banked coals 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make sure that you get plenty of the herbs on the meat as it grills.
- (The meat can also be broiled under a hot broiler.).