Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is not a marinade it is used to baste while grilling and works well with all fish, I have used it on salmon and halibut with great results... this is very good!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 garlic cloves, finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a small saucepan combine all ingredients; cook over low heat until the sugar is dissolved; cool.
- Before grilling the fish coat both sides in the sauce.
- Place on grill and continue to baste frequently.
- Grilling time for thicker cuts of fish is about 7-9 minutes.
I used this with grilled halibut steaks. We loved the slightly sweet, slightly spicy taste this sauce added to the fish.
I was amazed! I used it on haddock to save calories. It turns a bland fish into a<br/>Tasty fish and easy.
Soooooooo good. I'm trying to incoporate more fish into my diet and this so hit the spot. I tried it on Tilapia but tonight I'm doing it on grouper. I'll update you all when it's done