Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Rudy loves these eggs basted hard. They are a cross between poached and fried. You can cook them to your preference; I like basted soft myself, served with toast. You need a fry pan with a lid, glass is best, so you can watch for doneness.
- Heat butter until melted; add eggs.
- Fry until white is starting to set.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add water and cover immediately; some people add less water but I like a little more. The steam will cook the top of eggs; it takes just a minute or so, depending on how well done you like your eggs. Hard will be just like hard boiled eggs, that yellow color.
- I serve these with toast and fried potatoes, just like over easy eggs.
Loved these! So simple and so good. What a great way to make eggs. Thanks Dee for yet another keeper. Made for Went To The Market Tag.
Terrific method for cooking eggs Dienia. They were quick and easy to make with excellent results. My eggs were soft and runny just the way I like them. I can't believe how easy these were to make. Thanks for sharing this recipe that i will make again and again. Made for Went to Market.
This was the first time I have ever cooked eggs in this fashion (the first I have ever seen a recipe to cook them this way in fact) but it certainly won't be the last, the only thing I have to get right is the timing, I did mine just a tad to long and the yolk wasn't as running as I would like but still very quick and delicious. Thank you Dienia B, made for Please Review My Recipe.