Recipe by Sackville
If you're like me, you'll know the best part of the baked potato is the skin, which is why I like to spice mine up a bit. This is a really easy way to add a bit more flavour, and because potatoes are so versatile you can try all kinds of different spice combinations.
Top Review by Marion in Savannah
Delicious! I'll never cook "plain" baked potatoes again. To go with grilled steaks I used just olive oil, salt, pepper and onion powder. DH loved these, and he's a connoisseur of potato skins! Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon schwartz spicy italian seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 medium baking potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the olive oil and spices together.
- Wash the potatoes and pierce the skin a few times with a fork.
- Smear the oil mixture over the potatoes, best done with a pastry brush.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray, lined with foil, and bake as you normally would.
- I do mine in a 200 C fan oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with lots of butter.