Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I had this recipe for some time but had never tried it. It turned out really good and tasty .My daughter who likes to diet and not eat gravy said this is too good.
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 lbs roast
- Mix all the ingredients together and rub the roast all over with tips of finger.
- You can let this sit for a couple of hours or cook right away.
- You may want to baste as it is cooking.
- Bake roast at 300 degrees till it suits your taste.
A very tasty rub to use, so tasty it should lend itself to other applications. Our roast was 2.5 lbs but I kept quantities the same except for salt-1/2 tsp, brown sugar-1 tbsp, and celery salt-1/2 tsp. I surrounded the roast with potatoes, onions, carrots, and poured 1 cup dark ale onto the veggies. Thanks for posting!